Here you can follow my Food Journal

My goal is to eat healthy foods - nuts, seeds, berries, fruits, veggies, drink lots of water (and since my husband is a Kangen Water associate my beverages, soups, generally anything that uses water is using water from the machine). I am walking (3 or more miles daily with the Leslie Sansone tapes), sometimes I also will do a Slim in Six or Zumba exercise session. As the title of my blog suggests, I will getting the majority of my protein (meats) from the tuna, Salmon and Eggs - though I will be having other fish, chicken and cheese, etc in moderation. Limited processed foods and when eating out goal is to choose the healthiest items from the menu.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Delicous

scrambled eggs made with peach yogurt, eggs, bacon, bell pepper, green onion, celery, basil, sage, rosemary, thyme, fennel, sea salt, ground pepper, shredded cheese. - white grape juice from frozen can made with 9.5 Kangan water.

I used my onion chopper and cut up bell pepper, celery and green onion, put this in the cast iron skillet that was ready with hot EVOO added in about 1/4 cup of peach yogurt and stirred, added in 3 slices of schwans precooked bacon (I would next time cook this seperate and let it get crispy and then crumble it on top), add in two eggs and scramble. season with fresh ground sea salt and fresh ground pepper, dried herbs of sage, fennel, rosemary and thyme, fresh basil leaves. (all of this is from what I had on hand. herbs can all be fresh or dried and any type.

very good!

Dinner invention of sorts:
I was hungry for pizza or pasta but had neither so I compromised with a very simple and inexpensive alternative.

grilled cheese dipped in spaghetti sauce. my makeshift pizza. :>
it was pretty good. I could see a lot of variations by the types of bread, types of cheese, and of course types of spaghetti or marinara sauces. just like the variations on types of pizzas. - I'll have to tell my daughters about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment